My nickname is 3llense’g (L-N-shaig), also known as Lance Toth (my real name is Tóth László though). I’m a hungarian, 26 year old nerd.
I like roleplaying. I started playing AD&D2 in elementary school, then we breefly switched to D&D3 when trying to hold the group together in high school (we all went to a different one). I also played old Star Wars for a little while, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
A few years passed reading D&D3.5 core books after which I looked around for a free alternative, and bumped into the dawn of the Old School Renaissance. Osric wasn’t done yet, so I picked up Labyrinth Lord, printed it, and loved it!
My first DMing gig came a little later, with almost a dozen complete newbies, 30 minutes a week in school, and my (in retrospect) terrible misplaced adventure that I suspect is the reason none of them will ever play again. I think I got better since then.
Having no one to play with (either as a DM or player) slowly ground down my interest in the OSR, and a quit for a few months when I didn’t have the time to read the forums or blogs. I came back recently, and ConstantCon is being organised! I wanna get in, but I might be forced to DM, and I’m not up to that yet. I might be playing in a PbP on the Goblinoid Games forum later.
I have a few things I’ve posted on forums or newsletters here and there over the years, that will be re-posted here, so I’ll have some content. Hopefully it will all be done offline before posting, so nothing will be lost, as that tends to happen with my blogs and posts. Hopefully I’ll develop enough of a backlog to hold me over the rough patches. 🙂
Bad things about me:
- I am terribly inexperienced when it comes to Old School play, sandboxes and publication history.
- I once thought Castle Greyhawk was good (it isn’t a typical dungeon crawl, that was my only reason).
- I’m lazy, I stop doing things (posting on my blog, writing songs, programming my game) on the slightest provocation.
- My job is stressful and kinda far away, so I have just 2 hours of free time on bad days.
- I live in Hungary, as in Eastern-Central Europe, as in the other side of the world from the US. That makes any live interaction difficult. Raggi can sympathize, I’m sure.
- I live with my mom, because she can’t afford the flat on her own (or at least that’s my excuse).
- I tend to sound like an asshole.
Good things about me:
- I love making music (even if it’s not the best music), if you need a bard in your game, or a custom soundtrack, I’m your man. (Though remember: lazy!)
- I love one page stuff. Settlements, dungeons, creatures, generators. Hell, rules! (Searchers of the Unknown is my favourite game, that might be a bad thing, depending.)
- I sound like an asshole, but I’m kinda nice.
That’s who I am, now enjoy the show!